Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a month of not using the computer, I turn on it and it works only if it is connected to an external monitor. Without the external monitor, the colors of the display become or white or purple and the mouse works very badly, it moves after one minute more or less.
For me, some cables that connect the computer to its own display are ruined. But I don't understand how one month of inactivity can cause it, and I don't know how to fix it and how much it could cost.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Garibolz 

You failed to provide any model number and you say this is a laptop -- but then you mention display cables.

So, did you take this apart to check out the ribbon cables?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

When I wrote the message I didn't have my computer with me, so I only wrote the general PC model. If the precise model is necessary I will write it. My idea is open the laptop and check if the connection cable has some problem. So I could buy another cable and solve the problem with a few Euros, yesterday I looked for the cable on Amazon. I haven’t opened the computer yet because I’m afraid to mess up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.