Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Jeepers HP...lets not flip flop around here okay? I leave this brand new laptop on all of the time.

I am having a burn in issue with my screen. I NEVER shut my laptop off. My preferred screen pic is personal, but it is leaving residual screen burn in . This burn in issue was something that happened way back in the CRT evolution and is absolutely archaic in retrospect when it happens to a pixel related issue within todays modern screens.

That being said, Where is the help for this issue ? The resulting  comments and help you direct us to are robust in deflecting help to an actual issue or resolve in this matter. Now I worked for HP at one time ( 10 years)  and have a daughter that works for you at present, and we both are surprised at the fact that this is an issue with a brand new laptop and that your redirection to blah blah recovery suggestions does not even begin to address an issue relating to screen burn in which is an issue related to yesteryear and is surprisingly resurected.

By the way, my spelling is not always proficient, so have you disabled spelling correction here ? I'm using Google and I can assure you I intentially mispelled some words here but google spell check seems to have gone the way of the Dodo. Credibility is now a question.

Am I disapointed ? Yes..a little bit. Notice only one s in dissapointed.

Last question...shall I get a direct cure/response or do I need to ship this disapointment back and demand a replacement ?

I have actually always loved you folks and this company but I need you to hold up to your long lived reputation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @zitlips,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having some trouble with the display of your Notebook having an image burned into it. I'd be happy to help you with that.

I'd like you to follow this document: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage.

Should that not resolve the issue I would strongly suggest contacting HP support to see what kind of resolution they can offer you.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @zitlips,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having some trouble with the display of your Notebook having an image burned into it. I'd be happy to help you with that.

I'd like you to follow this document: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage.

Should that not resolve the issue I would strongly suggest contacting HP support to see what kind of resolution they can offer you.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.