Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx

I opened my laptop today and it came unhinged in the left corner and separated all up the left side.  I am the only one to use this laptop.  I do not take it traveling and have never dropped it.  I did notice that other people have the same issue.  My warranty has expired, but I do believe this is a design flaw and should be covered.  My laptop isn't 2 years old and doesn't get used but a couple times a week.  I called the warranty department because if HP will not fix this problem I need to file a claim with my CC.  I need to get a copy of the original warranty to show that if it was under warranty it would have been covered.  Does anyone know how I can get this?  If I put in my product, etc., it just says expired and won't let me access it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MJWBLW

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.