03-19-2017 05:28 PM
I'm new to this forum, I'm a novice and I'm frustrated so please excuse any 'please repeat' or 'walk me through' requests.
I have an HP pavillion x2 with 2 problems:
1. if i long press the arrow keys, it sets my keyboard to perpetual unchangeable -unless I restart- uppercase. And from thereon if i access the internet, instead of openning a new tab -for any search- it will open a new window. this leaves me with multiple windows instead of multiple tabs. this can only be undone if i restart.
2. If i shut off or 'sleep' and access later, a small light on (I think the wifi) key flashes red. I will press the start button (on the outside), long press, which will then shut off the laptop (red light turns momentarily white and the off completely) and then i would have to press the start button again , the light on the key (i think wifi key) would now flash white and the laptop would start. (displaying tha the laptop was not shut of correctly before)
Any advise what to do. No warranty as i bought second hand)
Thanks a mill,
03-20-2017 04:40 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you are having issues with your computer. don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details,
Do you have any technical issue that I can assist you with? Please let me know. We are always happy to help! If so, then please describe the issue you are having, and also include the Product Number and Operating System.
You can use the links to help you with that information:
Product Number: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
Operating System: http://hp.care/2byggIn
Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC?
Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?
In the meantime, let's try these steps here:
Try to use an alternate x2 keyboard
alternatively, you can try to use an external USB keyboard and check if that works,
Next thing that you could try here is to disable filter keys and sticky keys.
How to follow the steps - Launch Control panel - Click on Ease of Access - Ease of Access Center - Make the keyboard easier to use - By default, under the Make It Easier to Type section, most of the items should be unchecked. However, that does not prevent Windows from asking if you want to turn on the features if you happen to press the correct keyboard sequence. To turn off the dialog box and thus relieve the annoyance, you will have to dig a bit deeper.
Make sure Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys both are unchecked.
Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)