Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22er 21.5-inch Display

I recently bought a hp 22er monitor for my gaming setup and I originally planned to overclock my hertz as my pc is a low end, and I would not be needing a 144 hertz monitor. when I tried overclocking my hertz from 60 to 75 I got a warning saying input signal out of range and I would like to know if there is anyway to disable it as it puts my monitor to sleep after 30 seconds.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Himdoryia,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

The HP 22er monitor has a native refresh rate of 60Hz, which means it is designed to display a maximum of 60 frames per second. Overclocking the monitor beyond this limit may not be possible or may result in unstable performance.

If you want to attempt to overclock your monitor, you can try the following steps.

1. Make sure your computer's graphics card supports a higher refresh rate.
  2. Access your graphics card's control panel and increase the refresh rate.
  3. Try adjusting the refresh rate in your operating system's display settings.

However, please note that overclocking your monitor can have potential risks such as damaging the monitor, decreasing its lifespan, or causing image distortion, so do it at your own risk.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.