Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-17-by3008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so i bought this laptop a week ago. and today was the second time that the screen is blurring while opening zoom. it is really frustrating. i am afraid what to do if i had an exam directly on zoom. so the blur was gone only after i restarted the computer. so please if someone can help me to fix this problem. i don't know yet if it is because of zoom or my laptop. And do you recommend me to return it and get another one because i have just one more week if i want to return it. 

Thank you very much

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Carnaz, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Have you checked with other applications with regard to the screen blurring? Does it happen only with Zoom or other applications also?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It only happened with zoom twice and i just bought my laptop one week ago. My screen had some horizontal intermittent lines. It was bizarre i don’t really know how to describe it. The first time i restarted my laptop and it was gone, second time it stayed like 30 minutes and then gone. 

HP Recommended

@Carnaz

Thanks for replying!

You may want to install all available windows updates, as a patch may have been released by Microsoft to resolve such issues, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right-click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS - Skip to Step 5: Adjust visual effects in Windows

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think it is good now i installed the windows updates but today My laptop automatically did a BIOS update. It was recommended by HP support. It went correctly. But Is it normal? I am kinda nervous about the future of my laptop. I just bought this new laptop 10 days ago!!

HP Recommended

@Carnaz

Yes, it is normal and nothing to worry 🙂 If you have any concerns in the future we are here to assist.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, today i had also the same problem when i was on Zoom. The screen went black for like 5 seconds. And then the screen started to be like in the first photo. And my windows is up to date, my display driver is up to date. I have the original graphic card. It is all up to date and i have no idea what can i do to resolve this problem. Please if you can help me. If you can give me a possible display driver update or anything that would fix the problem. Because i tried to search updates in HP Support and i couldn't find any. Thank you very much

That's what happened to all the icons and writingsThat's what happened to all the icons and writingsthat's when it is normalthat's when it is normal

HP Recommended

Oh i think i had a problem with uploading the photos.

That's what happened to my screenThat's what happened to my screen

that's when it is normalthat's when it is normal

HP Recommended

@Carnaz

Could you check with an alternate monitor?

Also, check in BIOS if the issue occurs- tap on F10 repeatedly during a restart and it should enter BIOS mode.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.