heritage1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my laptop screen got cracked by my earpiece and the ink poured i dont know if it can be replaced

compaqnw9440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my laptop ink poured on one part of the screen 

Spoiler

2 REPLIES 2
Tutor KART13 Tutor
Tutor
17 17 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my laptop screen got cracked by my earpiece and the ink poured i dont know if it can be replaced

A laptop screen can be replaced but it will not be covered by the Standard Repair Warranty since it's an accidental damage. Moreover if the computer is quite old more than 4-5 years then i guess even HP will not be able to repair it even if you pay for it, since it will be considered an obsolete system. Then the only option would be to get it fixed at a local computer store. LCD screens can be ordered online from 3rd party websites.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21452 21271 1811 6809
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@heritage1

Welcome to the HP Community Forum - we are a community of HP enthusiasts!

System:

HP Compaq nw9440 Mobile Workstation

@heritage1 wrote:

my laptop ink poured on one part of the screen 

Spoiler

See the following document:

HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage

The Service and Maintenance Guide provides the disassmbly instructions and part numbers, Chapter 5, Page 46

Whether the computer is worth the cost, the effort, and the possible damage to other components depends on available of parts, your skill level, and the necessity to fix the system as opposed to replacing it.

Assuming the parts are available in your region (or at all), and if this is the only damage to the computer (other components are not affected), the cost to have the repair completed by a qualified HP technician may not be prohibitive.  Take the unit to a trusted Repair House and ask for an estimate.

Good Luck.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation