Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp netbook 1220sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi, i have a hp laptop 1220sa that has  vga and hdmi ports

it is amd based 6620g series graphics 

there is no signal to external screen , via any port,  the screen does get a signal as the power light is not flashing 

monitor has been tested multiple cables tested and they work fine 

drivers are being issue ? if i uninstall the amd driver which then returns it to the basic graphics driver the picture appears on the monitor !  however it says you must restart the pc for the basic driver to be fully installed , after rebooting the picture again does not appear on the external monitor 

toggled - screens = yes 

bios updated = yes 

latest drivers = yes 

cables tested = yes 

monitor = tested yes (samsung syncmaster)

tested with win 10 = yes (same results)

is this chip failure? 

thanks for any input 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kammy6000 Is this your product? HP Pavilion g6-1220sa Notebook PC, To verify: click here (there's no netbook with that model name, hence needed to confirm) that out of the way, I suggest you update to the latest graphics card drivers using the HP website: click here for updates (since you've not mentioned if you used the HP support assistant or the HP website, I suggest using the link for updates)

If you think this is a hardware (chip) failure, I suggest we perform a hardware test using the below steps: (It's outside windows, so drivers/windows are no used)

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details (if not, done yet)

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.