Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (150 Views)

no touch screen after SDD replacement

Product Name: pavilion Sleekbook 15-b168ca
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having issues with my laptop, diagnostics showed that I needed to replace my HDD. It was replaced with an SSD, and windows 10 was reinstalled (as that was the OS before replacement). Now the laptop shows that there is "no pen or touch input" in the control panel and the Human Interfacing for touch screen is missing. Both Windows Update and HPSA have been no help in finding the driver for it or in giving any useful information. I just don't really want to have paid extra for touch that doesn't work....

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 6 (143 Views)

Re: no touch screen after SDD replacement

Hi,

If thats the case then your best bet is to update the drivers using hp support site. I am going to include pictures so you could follow the steps properly.

Go to https://support.hp.com then type the product number to the search bar

1 HP Driver.PNG

Click Software and Drivers

2 HP Driver.PNG

Then Click Go

3 HP Driver.PNG

Select the current version of windows you are using

4 HP Driver.PNG

Then look for the drivers you seek that you believe missing.

5 HP Driver.PNG

Good luck!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (141 Views)

I did that first, the site says that Windows update may have the right drivers but also may not

PhD Student
Message 4 of 6 (131 Views)

crobs wrote:

I did that first, the site says that Windows update may have the right drivers but also may not

So? What happened? Did you installed the drivers?

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (116 Views)

There were none to install. Everything is up to date in both windows and HP website and HPSA. 

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (109 Views)

The product page for your PC does not show it coming with Win10 preinstalled; instead, the latest OS version is Win8.1.

So, you must have done the Win10 Upgrade prior to replacing the drive, right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality in laptops is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in laptops -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your laptop.

However, for MS-supplied drivers that aren't working well, you could consider using HP Win8 drivers -- although there's no guarantee that those drivers will work.  Here's the link to the HP Product drivers and software page for Win8 for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-15-b100-Sleekbook/5330569/mod...

If that page does not show Win8.1 when you open it, then click CHANGE and select Windows 8.1 using the pulldown.

You might have to install the drivers using compatibility mode: http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation