Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

on the screen small crack digitizer

HP Spectre 13-3000ea Ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all.  I have this model of laptop : HP Spectre 13-3000ea Ultrabook (ENERGY STAR) . I have some questions . on the screen there is a small crack (digitizer) . is it possible to replace only the digitizer? or must be replaced completely screen ? I bought on ebay.com  digitizer for my leptop  but no one is taken to replace the digitizer all say that it is necessary to completely replace the screen this is true ? or may be replaced only digitizer?

1 REPLY 1
shane_metzler Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

on the screen small crack digitizer

Hello,

On most laptops and devices it is far easier to replace whole screen.  On phones the digitizer has to be removed from the front screen using a heat gun to separate the front glass from the digitizer.  The digitzer then needs to be cleaned and a small amount of glue needs to be applied to the new screen which is then attached to the digitizer.  I have seen many people fail at this repair and ruin thier phones.  I am not sure on the process for the laptop screen / digitizer but I am sure it would be similar.  If it were me, I would just replace the whole screen with the digitizer attached.

Shane Metzler

Brainstorm Innovative Technologies, LLC.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation