Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

openSUSE Leap 42.1 linux on a HP 15-d035dx

HP Pavilion 15 touch screen
Linux

Trying to finish setup on My HP Pavilion notebook.  I have installed the OS, all I need to do is get the Wireless, Video drivers s and the rest of the functions of my notebook to work.  At Best Buy I found an article describing everything need to get full function out of my Note book.  I have searched now for over 3 hours and I have not been able to find it.  Any assistance on getgttng this to fully function is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
18,523 16,482 1,534 3,659
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

openSUSE Leap 42.1 linux on a HP 15-d035dx

gerberb

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Getting laptops to work with Linux distros is very much hit-or-miss propostion.

The main problem is a combination of two things: specialized hardware and drivers.

Laptops use specialized hardware that require specialized drivers.  With Windows, this is generally NOT a problem because the OEMs that sell the laptops also provide the drivers for it.

But in Linux, the story is very different since the OEMs generally do NOT supply any Linux drivers.

And, since the hardware is customized for the OEMs, going to the manufacturer website to find drivers leads to disappointment when you find NO Linux drivers there.

How this is usually addressed is in the various Linux forums -- by folks who have been able to find working drivers.

Thus, your best bet is to go the OpenSUSE forums to see what help you can get there.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation