Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

part of screen is blank after an update interrupted

HP G42
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-18 at 9.11.42 AM.jpegAs visible in the above photo the display area is blank and can't be accessed resulting shrink-ed screen size. I have tried changing resolution settings, updating and rolling back the drivers. Even reinstalled the the operating system.All have resulted as a update process is being interrupted in middle. Please help with the issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,588 2,395 173 192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

part of screen is blank after an update interrupted

@nitin_singla__, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried connecting an external monitor and check if you have the same issue?

Reinstall Display driver

Go to Device manager > Click on Display adapters > Right click and uninstall

Also, go to Control panel, programs and features and check for any Display/graphic driver and uninstall the same.

Restart your PC, it will automatically install the Display Driver. If the issue persists, download the Display driver from here

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation