17 11 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

pavilion onscreen keyboard mixed up letters

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i use the onscreen keyboard there will be random foréign letters appear

this message only has the one in 'foreign' above but often tĥére can be more. ah, it has häppened ägain

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
17 11 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is a genuine enquiry and must be bug in the hp software. incidentally, this message was written with onscreen keyboard using touch. it is the mouse clicks that seem to cause the problem with alternative characters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
17 11 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is a genuine enquiry and must be bug in the hp software. incidentally, this message was written with onscreen keyboard using touch. it is the mouse clicks that seem to cause the problem with alternative characters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @barlowstrada,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are having an issue with characters on your on board screen. Here is a Microsoft document on how to change the keyboard language.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation