cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMJC1991
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

pen and touch support removed from my laptop... why?

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my laptop from Best Buy in March of 2019.  My laptop was billed as having touch and pen capabilities and came with a provided active stylus.  The laptop could convert into tablet form, the screen could be used as a touchscreen, and the included pen worked with it.  Over the past couple of years I had mainly used it only as a regular laptop and did not use the touchscreen or pen functionality.  For the past year, whenever I booted up my laptop, I would get a notification on the screen that the hp pen doesn't work with my laptop.  I didn't pay it any mind since I didn't need it.  I figured the drivers were probably not updated and that's why it was not working.  

Now, I am trying to use the touch and pen functions and everything keeps telling me that pen and touch aren't supported on my display.  What the heck?  I want to know why this functionality was summarily removed and why I'm not getting any support for it.  Also, when I ran the hp support assistant, it removed all the relevant drivers that I already had on the laptop, basically making it appear like I never had it.

My laptop came with the pen and touch functionality and I want it back.  

General specifications
Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19042.1237

Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz

System memory
16 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB Samsung 2667MHz
Memory slot 2
8GB Samsung 2667MHz

System board
8518 10.72

System BIOS
F.40

Video
Graphic device 1
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Current resolution
3840 x 2160

Refresh rate
60 Hz

Version
26.20.100.7927 (2/25/2020)

Graphic device 2
NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Version
27.21.14.6280 (6/9/2021)

Audio
Device 1
Intel(R) Display Audio

Status
Enabled

Driver
IntcDAud.sys

Version

Device 2
Realtek High Definition Audio

Status
Enabled

Driver
RTKVHD64.sys

Version

Device 3
Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST)

Status
Enabled

Driver
IntcDMic.sys

Version

Device 4
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Status
Enabled

Driver
nvvad64v.sys

Version
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation