Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replace original graphics card

hp pavilion dv9610us
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am getting warnings that my nvidia ge force 7150m/n force 630m has stopped, It then restartsok. I am affraid it will go out & am wondering if i can replace the graffics cacrd.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,195
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replace original graphics card

Hi @ww525468,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion dv9610us Notebook and the NVIDIA GeForce G0 7510M graphics.  I have done some reading on this and some suggest it is something running in the back ground on the Notebook that will not allow the resources to be used for the NVIDIA to work correctly.  Most suggest a Virus Protection Program.

Have you tried to disable the Virus Protection Program?

Have you tried to see what processes are running in the Back Ground? Pressing Ctrl Alt and delete will bring up the Task Manager.

You could try: In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. 

You might need to reload the defaults on the BIOS. Here is a link that will help do that.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation