20 14 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

screen display issues issues

Pavilion g7-1310us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am having some display issues, please see screenshots.

It happened maybe twice in the past week, but "fixed itself".

This time it would not fix itself....

I recently had to replace my hard drive.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Update: I just turned laptop off and flipped it over, and flipped it back again, turned it back on, and it is OK again.

maybe something is a bit loose? But what....lol...please advise, thanks so much!

desktop1.JPGwebsite1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @pierette,

Thank you for your query

I understand that you are having an issue with the display quality.  When the image was distorted you powered off the notebook and flipped it upside down and then upside right. When you started the notebook the display was fine. You have recently replaced the hard drive and now you thing something may be loose.  I would try removing and reseatting the graphic card and check the display cable connection to ensure a proper connection.  Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
pierette Tutor
Tutor
20 14 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have no idea where the graphics card is located or what it looks like.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @pierette,

Thank you for your reply.  After checking further, I realized that your model only has the one graphic card which is attached to the motherboard and is not removable. Therefore you only need to check the display cable connection. Here is a a link to the  HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please note chapter 4, page 76  for a visual reference for the location of the display panel.  Follow the cable to the connection on the motherboard and reseat it.   

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
pierette Tutor
Tutor
20 14 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sorry but i do not see the service guide on the link you supplied. it just talks about windows 10 drivers...

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,@pierette,

I am not sure what happened, please try the link again as it seems to be working now.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation