jek1021
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

screen separating

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-cd0003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My daughter purchased this laptop for college 2 years ago with her own money that she saved up. She has taken very good care of it. Now the screen is separating from the case in the bottom right corner. This seems to be a very common problem with this laptop and it costs $500 to repair. HP what are you doing to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,127 1,957 2,602
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jek1021

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jek1021
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am extremely disappointed with HP. I have recommended HP products to friends, family, and church members but I can't do that anymore if they are not going to stand behind their products. Their solution for this is to give us a "discounted" repair. Their idea of a discounted repair is $420. I can find many people who have this exact same issue. It is a design flaw with their computer. There is no reason why a 2 year old computer that has been taken care should need a $500 repair. This happens through normal use of the computer. Beware of purchasing this laptop.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation