08-16-2019 06:08 PM - edited 08-16-2019 06:09 PM
lately, i have been experiencing an issue with an intermittent black screen. the computer stays on.
it is not an overheat-related issue.
if i go to my TV and plug in the hdmi cable, the laptop screen will come back on.
i forget where i got the idea to try that.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-19-2019 11:35 AM
@circe801, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Follow the steps below:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
- Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
- Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant
- Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.
- Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee