Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

some keys not working

HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new HP spectre notebook model: 13-4128TU and suddenly after just 2 weeks some keys stopped working. Cannot use it anymore without these. The keysbwhich are not working are: space, enter, backspace. Basically nobody can type wihout space and enter. 

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16271 16251 1163 1724
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

some keys not working

Hey there @hpineedsupport! Welcome to HP forums!

I understand that some of the keys are not functioning on your laptop.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Please follow this link for further troubleshooting: http://hp.care/2cdfAp3

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day!                                                                 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hpineedsupport Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

some keys not working

I.did.everything.as.instrcuted.but.everyting.is.the.same.As.can.you.see.I.need.to.use.dot.as.space.is.not.working......The.most.important.keys.are.not.working....SPACE.ENTER.BACKSPACE

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16271 16251 1163 1724
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

some keys not working

@hpineedsupport thanks for the reply,

I understand that you have tried to use an external keyboard and you still have issues typing.

Then you can try following steps mentioned below.

First, try performing the system restore.

Save any open files and close all open programs.
In Windows, search for restore , and then open Create a restore point from the results list.
On the System Properties window, select your hard drive, and then click system restore.
Click the restore point that you want to use, then click Next .
The window to confirm your restore point opens.
Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
Note: If system restore is not configured then you have perform a system recovery.

Turn on you PC keep tapping f11 to boot into recovery manager screen.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Recovery Manager.
Click Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next.
Read the System Recovery information. To proceed, click Next.
The preparations are complete. Click Continue.
The computer restarts. Follow any on-screen instructions and do not interrupt it during the process. The computer might restart a number of times during the recovery process.

Follow the link below to know more about performing recovery.
Link: http://hp.care/2byIEKi

If you still have issues please contact hp phone support for further assistance.
Link to contact HP phone support: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation