Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
4F Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

switchable graphics dv7t-6c00 CTO

dv7t-6c00 CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been fighting with this laptop for three days after incurring a black screen at startup.  I was thinking the HDD was dying, or that I have malware or some other problem, only to find that it is this stupid switchable graphics problem again.

I just downloaded the redated HP drivers for this model and then during install the program says my machine is not compatible or something to that effect.

sp55092.exe and sp55098.exe which comes from HP site.   What am I missing?  I swear I will never buy an HP product again as there is little updating on drivers, tons of bloatware and little qualified support!!!!!

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

if you are unable to find the most updated drivers on :
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/521...

Please look for the part on the product specs using Win+R type Dxdiag and use the part name to find the manufacturer or the specific graphics card and download the driver directly to resolve the issue.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
4F Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know what device / driver I need but HP's doesnt work and is 4 years old!  Radeon HD 7690 xt 

Just because they restamp it with a new date doesnt change the old driver... only thing I have been able to find to half way work is Leshcat drivers.

0 Kudos
4F Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoiler
and I dont have the quad edition its  HP Pavilion dv7t-6c00 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation