Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

HI ,

My laptop is less than 2 months old , i am also facing same issue . I have logged case with HP support , they did update of drivers still facing same issue . I also logged in to BIOS and tested for 30 mins no issue found in hardware

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CHARANJEET1976 Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

For an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart? if not, please do, using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
  • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI  Riddle :

Thanks for the message . As suggested i have executed system diagnostic, using F2 option and steps mentioned in your message . Diagnostic runned successfully and no error found. I am still facing same flash message issue couple of times in  a day. Can you  please suggest way forward .

Looking forward to hear from your side .

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@CHARANJEET1976 Considering all h/w tests have passed, this has to be a software error,

hence I suggest you create a backup of your personal data and reset the windows using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

a112618e-fd0f-49f7-afbd-9f296567b470.jfif49e07d51-db77-4af4-a025-76b109624ee7.jfif49e07d51-db77-4af4-a025-76b109624ee7.jfifa112618e-fd0f-49f7-afbd-9f296567b470.jfif

HI Riddle :

Hope you are doing well.

FIrst of all thanks for giving suggestion. Wanted to update you. I have reset the windows as suggested by you, problem still exist. Would like to tell you i have done following till date.

1. Bios Test- Pass

2. F2 Test- One time and Loop(4 in count), result no issue found

3. Reset of Windows

4. I have also shared dump of IDR file to HP support in India .

Still problem exist . My laptop is brand new bought in the month of april . I am now wondering is this design issue of this model ? . I have also logged case in HP India still no resolution found . I have been using other Laptop Models like Dell/Lenivo etc never faced such a issue whcih i am seeing in HP that too in this latest model. Is there any way i can get some guidance to resolve this.

I look forward for support .

HP Recommended

@CHARANJEET1976 Since you've recently purchased the device, you've got two options the way I see it, you can either contact the place of purchase and check for replacement options or, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your OS repair options as you may need a recovery media to install a fresh copy from an external media as the internal OS could be the issue, considering you've already reinstalled the OS and issue persists:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.