Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0125nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

on the black screen i see 2 dots that wont work on the color grey and black. The dot is the color cyan more or less and its near the middle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Seloo Alright, if you need anything else,

Feel free to write to us, and have a good day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Seloo Did you connect an external monitor to check if this dot appears on it as well?

(This would help us verify if this is either an issue with the screen or the graphics card)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

• if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 
  • if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

• If the issue does not appear in BIOS, reinstall the graphics card drivers & update BIOS using the above link, 
  • If it does, check if the HP PIXEL POLICY to ensure this is covered for replacement: Click here to verify.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did see it in the BIOS screen as well. I did ask for help in the HP WhatsApp team and I did return it to the place where I bought it.

HP Recommended

@Seloo Alright, if you need anything else,

Feel free to write to us, and have a good day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.