Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thin blue line on laptop screen

hp zbook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Today I turned on my laptop and there is a blue line running vertically down the left side of the screen that I can not seem to get rid of .  I updated my video drivers and restarted the system but its still there. the lapptop is a week under a year old. HP ZBook 15 G2 Windows 7 NVIDIA Quadro K2100 M. 

I never dropped the laptop or anything even rouch to it. I am very careful. 

Please let me know what i can do. Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Tutor TenzinL Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 8
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thin blue line on laptop screen

Hi Kerberg,

Can you try the following troubleshooting steps to see if it's hardware/software issue:

- Connect the notebook to an external monitor to see if the line appears on the external monitor.

- Go into BIOS by tapping "F10" key during boot up and see if the line appears on your main display. If it doesn't occur in BIOS, the hardware is good. We will have to focus on video drivers- onboard and discrete card. If the line appears on the screen, please call 800-334-5144, say notebook and then zbook through the promot.

Thank you,

-Tenzin

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

#hpexpertday
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation