Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-3010ew
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, i have a problem with my touch, light buttons, these above keyboard. Only the volume slider and music skip buttons are lit, the mute icon and wifi icon are off. In addidton none of the touch buttons are working. I can't volume up or down music. It happened after i factory reset Windows 7. Please for help. Jacob

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jcob 

<Sigh>  Every time I read one of these Factory-Reset issues posts I cringe and continue to wonder why everyone seems to think a factory reset is a miracle cure when, in many cases, it only serves to make things worse!

If the PC is really SLOW, a factory reset will do NOTHING to fix that, and will most likely fail -- leaving you with an unusable PC. If a factory rest starts out OK and then halts part way through, that is nearly always an indication of a failing drive -- which is a hardware issue that a factory reset will do nothing to fix.

An added complication is that NOW, HP no longer carries Win7-era Recovery Media, so there is nothing you can get from HP that will allow you to do the reset properly.  You should not have just charged ahead with this without checking here, first.

You can try using Windows images downloaded using the tool from this site -- but there is no guarantee that this download, or the resulting ISO file, is going to work:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click the Download: Windows-ISo-Download.exe link. This will download that file to your PC. Double-click that file to run it.

Download the tool, run it, and do the following:
1) Select Windows 7 at the upper right
2) Under Select edition, select SP1 OEM -- this is the same as the HP OEM edition
3) Click the Confirm button
4) Select the product language, click confirm button
6) Select either the 64-bit or 32-bit download
7) Select a folder to save the file -- it's downloading 4GB or so of data, so that will take a while depending on the download speed. The progress bar might not show any progress but when the download is nearly done, a window will pop open indicating the ISO file is being moved from a temporary download directory to the folder you selected. The screen will then say Download Complete.

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable DVD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Insert the DVD or USB stick into your PC, boot from it, and then reinstall Windows from it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.