1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touch screen doesn't work

hp envy k212ne
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,thanks a lot from hp company

I bought hp envy k212ne last week and I removed ubuntu and I installed windows 8.1 and I downloaded all of the drivers for my laptop from hp support .

In addition before I install drivers in my laptop , I saw pen and touch in my control panel , but now it isn't there.

Then I went to device manager (Human Interface Devices ) but I didn't saw HID-COMPLIANT TOUCH SCREEN ,there.

So I need your help .Plz help me.

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @Taha1380, 

First I would like to Welcome you to the HP Support Community! If any of the solution's provided below resolve the issue, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution" so that others who have the same issue can find steps that help easily. 

Did you have the touchscreen function before in Ubuntu?

Has the Touchscreen worked at all since switching to Windows 8?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the BIOS and graphics driver?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Have you tried to Configure the touch display?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?)?

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you.Thank you for joining in!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Kirk_RS Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My old Pavilion X2 10 had a similar problem.  Solved by reverting to older I2C driver to restore touchscreen + audio.'

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/SOLVED-Pavilion-x2-10-touch-screen-amp...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation