Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (233 Views)

touch screen stopped working

Product Name: HP Pavilion 11x360 PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touch screen stopped working about 2 days ago. The computer is updated, I ran the HP support and nothing happened. I ran also 2 tests, those that you can enter using F2. Everything seemed to be fine but it simply doesn't work, no matter if it is in PC or tablet mode. The result is the same. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (206 Views)

Re: touch screen stopped working

Hi @natalia1818,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I read from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 11x360 PC Notebook and the Touchscreen not working correctly. You might need to check that the Touchscreen is enabled on the Notebook. Here is a listing on how to do that:

Press the Windows logo key + X.
Select Device Manager from the list.
Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
Click the touch screen driver
Right-click, and select enable from the list.
Confirm you want to enable.

You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook. I suggest at least 4 days ago as it will make sure to catch what changed the settings.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please let me know how this goes.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

Hello,

I restored the system and my touch screen worked again for a couple of days but now it stopped working again... I tried to follow your other advice but I can't find the touch screen driver... I expanded Human Interface Devices and there are three items under it but none of them is touch screen driver. I have HP Wireless Button Driver, something with GPIO, and something with HID but no touch screen... I don't want to restore my system every couple of days, especially that there was big Windows update recently.

Please, help.

Kind regards,

Natalia

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (146 Views)

Hey @natalia1818,

Did you install any software when you did the reinstall of Windows?

You could try: in the device manager Uninstall both those items. Press the Windows logo key Type Control Panel, then use the arrow keys to highlight Control Panel, and press Enter.
In Control Panel, use the arrow keys to highlight Hardware and Sound and press Enter.
Under Tablet PC Settings use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and press Enter.
Use the Tab key to select the Reset button, and press Enter.
If the Reset button is grayed out, your touch calibration is still at factory settings and nothing further required.
Use the Tab key to select Yes, press Enter, and then follow the instructions on the screen.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation