Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touch screen stopped working

pavilion 11 h110se
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have used my touch screen for 2 years and now it stopped working. I followed the troubleshooting and it actually says in the product description that 'no pen or touch input available for this display'!!!! I haven't done any upgrades or changes, this seems to be out of the blue!

7 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16380 1315 2235
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Abumaryam
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well :)

As I understand the touchscreen stopped working,

To clarify, did you attempt to restart the computer, tap on F10 to access BIOS and check if the touch works in BIOS?
If it works in the BIOS screen, Please follow the below steps that should resolve your concern:

First, let's start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue:

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
  3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
  4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
  5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
  6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
  7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
  9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
  10. After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
  3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.
  4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step:

1. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
  2. Install Windows updates
  3. Update the BIOS and graphics driver
  4. Configure the touch display
  5. Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
  6. Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
  7. Reset your computer
  8. Perform a Microsoft System Restore
  9. Perform an HP System Recovery

Click here to know: How to perform each step.

Let me know if those steps worked for you. 

If they did, that’s awesome! 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Abumaryam Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @Riddle_decipher

Thank you for your message.

I have a detachable screen so I can't access my battery to perform hard reset the way you described. However, I did a reset by pressing and holding the power key and it did not work. Oh, I should have mentioned, the touch screen does not work on BIOS! The device manager does not have a HID touchscreen, and the whole thing is as if it never existed! This is a true riddle here @Riddle_Decipher!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12300 1159 2291
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Abumaryam,

I am  @Davidsmp. It looks like you were interacting with @ Riddle_decipher. As he is out of the office today I'll jump in to assist you here.

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Stupendous effort and brilliant troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue. :) Kudos to you for a job well done. :)

This looks like a hardware issue with the touchscreen as it does not work in the bios and the computer needs to be serviced.

To do get this done, please contact HP phone support by following these steps:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Abumaryam Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DavidSMP

I could not get the phone numbers by following the steps you kindly mentioned but I also see that my warranty is expired. Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15216 1002 1652
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Abumaryam,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you are trying to submit the form to get through the tech support team for further assistance, unfortunately, you are unable to do so as the product is Out of warranty. Don't worry, I'm going to help you with this.

I am sending you a private message with the phone number. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ffslick Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact issues with my laptop. I have went through the same troubleshooting steps and all and just like you said, it is as the touchscreen never existed. I would like to get it fixed as this is why I bought it.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16380 1315 2235
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ffslick

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the touch screen has stopped working,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you attempted all steps mentioned on this thread? Did you also check if the touchscreen works in BIOS (accessed by restarting the computer and tapping on F10)?

If it works on BIOS, Have you attempted a system restore?

Which operating system are you using?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation