Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

hi I've not long had the HP Pavillion x360 convertible, I brought it in may so its practically brand new!! But recently my touch pad is getting stuck in the left hand corner (more so then the right) and if I try and scroll upwards in a word document it highlights everything or moves my words around ( I know it sounds funny but its so annoying!! ) or if I'm browsing the internet it tries to move my pages around if I try to unstick the touchpad. It takes a few minutes to unstick itself but it is happening more and more each time I use it 😞 

Please help!!

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kellieexx

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue with the touchpad device, as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kellieexx

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Have you tried with an external mouse?
  • Is your touchpad button is physically pressed in or stuck in? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!!

Nope haven't tried and external mouse, as the reason I got a laptop was to not have the mouse and keypad separate! 

It gets stuck in if I am scrolling or pressing on that side of the clicky bit at the bottom of the touch screen!!

HP Recommended

@kellieexx

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue with the touchpad device, as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.