Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This doesn't work since Windows 10 was updated. How to I disable the touch pad on  my HP Envy x360?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@SirIKe Here's what you need to do, to disable the touchpad:

1. Click Start, and then type mouse in the search field.

2. Click Change your mouse settings.

3. Click Additional mouse options.

Clicking on Additional mouse options

4. In Mouse Properties, click the Touchpad tab.

NOTE: 

Some HP Notebooks have an HP Control Zone tab. If your Notebook has this tab, open it and click HP Control Zone Disable.

5. Click Disable.

Clicking on Disable

6. Click Apply, and then click OK.

If the above doesn't work, try the below steps:

Go to control panel and then under hardware

you should see mouse / touchpad

click on it and then it should say disable while the external mouse is plugged in.

You could also perform the below steps if the issue persists:

To disable the ClickPad:

1. Click Start, enter mouse in the search field, and then select the Mouse control panel program from the search results.
  2. On the Device Settings tab of the Mouse Properties panel, click the Disable button to turn off the ClickPad.

The ClickPad can be re-enabled when needed.

For more details, click here

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This did not work for me, this is what I have for additional mouse settings.  no Touch pad or touch style. HP Envoy x360 I5 running latest Windows 10 update. 

mouse.png

HP Recommended

@SirIKe Thanks for the screenshot, it helps more than you may know 😉

That said, here's what you could do:

To disable a mouse in Windows 10, follow these steps:

Step 1. Click the Start button and select Settings from the options.

Step 2. Click Devices.

disable_a_mouse_windows_10_8_7

Step 3. Click Mouse and Touchpad.

dell_touchpad_not_working_windows_10_8_7_1

Step 4. Under Mouse, click Additional mouse options.

Step 5. Go to the Hardware tab and click Properties.

dell_touchpad_not_working_windows_10_8_7_3

Step 6. Switch to the Driver tab, click Disable from the options, and click OK at the bottom of the screen.

disable_a_mouse_windows_10_8_7_4

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying but I do not have the same information you show.  See pictures. I want to disable the touchpad.Driver.pngprop.pngsettings.png

HP Recommended

@SirIKe Please install all available windows updates and the updates on the HP website: Click here to access the HP website, Once done the options should be available, to disable as mentioned earlier, if that still isn't available, please click on the touchpad tab instead of the mouse tab you've selected in the last screenshot you've sent, should look like the below screenshot and uncheck the box to "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected":

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have every update for windows and from HP. Is there a specfic file or driver I sould try to find?

windows.pngupdate.png

HP Recommended

@SirIKe You seems to have installed all available updates, could you click on the touchpad tap and show me what you get? use the image I attached for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure here it is.

touchpad.png

HP Recommended

@SirIKe Thanks for the screenshot, there's one more thing I'd like to know, considering the options aren't available on your device:

Check Windows 10 Build Version

• Open up the run command with the Win + R key combo
  • Simply type in winver into the run command text box and hit OK

That is it.

You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

(Please share the screenshot of that box as well)

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.