Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay500 Notebook PC series
Other

Hello Team,

vertical line on laptop screen, please help me with how much it will cost to replace the screen in hp service centre. 

HP 15-ay500 Notebook PC series

Out of Warranty: Ended on April 20, 2018

Serial number:

[edited]

Product Number:

1AC82PA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Arshasonu007

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer display, 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Arshasonu007
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

If its a hardware related issue. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to replace the display. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Arshasonu007

Not to worry will be glad to help, 

• Have you tried connecting the computer to an external monitor?
  • Have you tried booting into BIOS?

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen flickers.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Arshasonu007

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer display, 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.