Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
boynamedanurag Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

video card/graphic card reboot problem

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

15 days ago My laptop was unable to boot , when i have formatted it and after installing graphic card driver it is unable to boot again , i tried more than 5 times and even i tried windows 7 ultimate , proffessional and even 32 bit and 64 bit but its not working the momment i instal video driver after installing it requires boot and after boot its unabe to start please help my laptop is not in warranty . serial - [Personal Information Removed]  product number - LZ801PA#ACJ  micro poccessor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14067 1329 3150
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

boynamedanurag

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about booting and video card problems and wanted to help.

So, if I understand what you're saying, you reinstalled Win7 and the PC boots OK, right?

But when you then install a video driver and reboot, it does not boot, right?

My guess is that you have one of the old DV6 laptops that has two video chipsets, something called Switchable Graphics.  And the problem with that is that only the HP OEM video drivers will work on that laptop.  IF you install other ones, such as the ones you get from AMD or Nvidia, they will NOT work -- which sounds like what is happening to you.

What DOES work is restoring your PC using HP Recovery Media because that will contain the HP OEM drivers.  Media. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont have any hp recovery disk .

online its not available for my laptop model , and as i mentioned i dont have any recovery option .

kindly assist 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

????????????????? will you reply ??????????????????????

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14067 1329 3150
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, been away ...

If you checked with HP and they have no recovery media, here are some other sites that do stock HP Recovery Media for longer times:  http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/

If they too, don't have media, then you are out of luck because your PC is so old, no one stocks media for it anymore.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation