05-24-2010 10:39 AM
Ok, so I recently bought a hp g71 445us. I never tried to use the webcam till a week go to Skype. I downloaded all that i need to so that I am able to use the webcam. I've cleaned everything and upgraded everything. I've even has customer support take control of my laptop hoping to fix the issue. I don't know what else to and it's driving me crazy.
I tried to install the the Youcam software but towards the end of the installation it told me "No webcam device found".
Is there something else that I am missing? Is there some HP software I need to download and install to configure this webcam? I got it to work for 5 seconds and it shut off. HELP!!!!
05-24-2010 05:37 PM
Which OS are you using?
Cyberlink youcam software is just a software without driver, you need to install the driver.
Try running windows update first, update all patches reboot.
try this update if you are using win7
Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
03-29-2013 06:05 AM
03-29-2013 10:50 AM - last edited on 02-23-2017 04:40 PM by OscarFuentes
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)