Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-fq0031ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

whenever I try to use the webcam the light turns on but the app I'm using says I need to give it permission to use my  webcam. I have redownloaded the drivers and the apps have permission but the same thing happens. i'm on a windows 10 system and i'm using a HP Notebook - 15s-fq0031ur,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

If use Zoom it may require you to actively acknowledge your permission to use the web camera. Move the cursor around the screen until the Zoom taskbar appears, if the video icon has a diagnonal red line then you need to click on that icon and allow video.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.