Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (93 Views)

webcam not detected in windows 7

Product Name: LN208EA#ABV
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear ones,  I am having problem in my webcam which is not being detected by windows 7. even imaging devices is missing from the device manager and i have installed some drivers but didn't work. My laptop is HP pavilion g6 and model number is LN208EA#ABV and my machine is operating windows 7 ultimate 32-bit edition. Please give me any helpful information or suggest any driver. Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)

Re: webcam not detected in windows 7

Hi @DILPREETIT,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

I understand you are having issues with the webcam not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Has the webcam worked before on any other application like Skype and other apps?

Was there any update/upgrade which might have caused the issue?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

The drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager. To resolve this problem, use the following steps:

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

For more details, please follow this link.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  

If they did, that's awesome!  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation