Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-AB109NH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Manager,

I'dlik ask to you help to repair my HP Pavilion 15-AB109NH notebook camera.

Camera is working (LED turn ON/OFF) but no picture on display.

Camera not covered... PRobably this is a WIN10 or any sofware mistake.

Could you tell me a process how reapair it ?

Not possible remove camera driver from toolmanager and reiinstall...

I have another Notebook Lenovo which has also this problem with WIN10.

MAybe this problem comes because of WIN10 update...

All of mentined machine was working in the past just some month ago happened this...

Pls advice.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi I was lucky because my web camera fault was due to the plastic slider being in the wrong position.

My advice would be to become familiar with the HP Support Assistant app. Once you have found it clicked on the check for updates and ensured all HP updates are installed let me know if this solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

No.  This notebook has no camera cover... 

I need more serious solutions - all of low intelligence posts like notebook has camera or no / or turn/on camera switch or install camera software  not good...  system has camera and possible turn  on/off but no picture.

I need really technical support how possible to solve this problem without reinstall Win10.

HP Recommended

Hi

I am sorry that you are having problems and appreciate wht you would not want to reinstall windows to resolve the issue.

I recommended using the HP Support Assisant app. You don't seem to have followed my advice because I was expecting you to confirm that there is not a update specific to your device's web camera. There are other options in the  HP Support Assisant app but I will not waste my time detailing them until you complete what is required of you in this paragraph.

HP Recommended

Hi

I made camera test by downloaded Hardware Diagnostic.

result is 

Result : OK

PASS ID : 29998-05810-93358

Product ID : V4M07EA#AKC

Serial : [Personal Information Removed]

But camera working AND has no picture...

So hardware working well . Is seems any problems with Win10... or any idea ??

Thanks

Zoltan

HP Recommended

Hi Zoltan

Have you tried diffferent programs such as Zoom and Sykpe?

I have no idea what your result codes mean.

After typing HP Support Assistant in the search box in the taskbar open the app.

The half man icon on the lefathand side will allow you to fill in your name and email. Then add your device usually requires your devices serial numbering your devices serial number. This allows the app to give your device the correct updates

Click on the check for updates in the top right hand side. Install any updates, restart the device and repeat the process.

On the HP Support Assistant home page there is a Fixes & Diagnostic tab, select See all fixes and diagnostics.
A new window opens with a Run hardware diagnostics tab, select Launch.
After about 10 seconds a new window (HP PC Diagnostics) opens, selct Component test,Multimedia, WebCam Test, HP HD Camera is selected.Then Run

My first result confirmed that 8 webcam capabilities were detected.

Next confirmed "PASSED".

Do your results match?

HP Recommended

Hi

The HP diagnostic result of webcamera is - Function is OK. 

I have this error message 0xA00F4292 PhotocapturestartTimeout .

I found this mesage on internet as many people has this but NO result why and no any solution...

Have you got ideas ?

HP Recommended

Hi Zoltan

It is worth entering the details needed so that the Support Assistant can give you help on your particular HP device. If you followed my advice below then the HP AI might detect and repair any problems. Since you have already had a PASS from a HP diagnostic app, I agree that it is unlikely to be a hardware fault. Because the hardware check was  running in the WIN 10 enviroment I think it unlikely to be a driver or WIN 10 problem.

Are you having the same problem when you use both Zoom and Skype?

HP Recommended

Hi Zoltan

You already have an HP Account because you are using this forum. Open HP Support Assistant app. When you have added your device information into the app your home page will already have your device listed.

Is this true for your setup?

Regards, Mettech1

HP Recommended

Yes notebook infos are correct.

MY Lenovo notebook also has this camera problem...

So it seems WIN10 does not work well...  Try to remove updates but result chance is small.

All internet info about mentioned error code tried and no any result for repairing...

Zoltan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.