Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs3006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number: 9HJ75EA#ABU

BIOS f.10

Word 2019.

When multiple word documents are open the screen blinks. That is, parts of the screen appear blink, particularly the right hand edge appears black . It is so fast it is difficult to ascertain what has happens. This started when the battery was low and not on the mains. After the battery has charged the blinking still occurs.

Are there settings or events that I could examine to diagnose this?

Regards

Tony

30/11/2020: Update: Today, with only one document open, the "blinking" was very bad. If you passed the cursor over items in the ribbon sections of the sections of the display would turn black and then be restored. However, after shutting down and booting the laptop again I could not reproduce the "blinking" behaviour. I do not know what this signifies - any ideas?

The settings are listed below:

Product number: 9HJ75EA#ABU

General specifications
Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz

System memory
8 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB Ramaxel Technology 2667MHz

System board
86AB 95.34

System BIOS
F.11

Video
Graphic device 1
Intel(R) UHD Graphics

Current resolution
1920 x 1080

Refresh- rate
60 Hz

Version
26.20.100.7926 (2/25/2020)
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TC42, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is this issue limited to while working on the Word documents?

Make sure all the software updates have been installed on the computer

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer and check for the issue.

You may boot into safe mode on the computer and check if the issue persists.

To know how, refer to this document.

Let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test.
  4. You may run a Video test under Component test.
  5. Share the result in your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran both the extensive test and the component video tests. Both passed.

I'll try to observe the video effect more carefully to better describe the combination of open windows and video disturbance.

Thanks for your suggestion.

HP Recommended

@TC42

Thank you for posting back. 

Firstly, lets run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

And, also if possible you can try uninstalling the Word 2019 and reinstall. 

Note: after reinstalling Microsoft Office or Word 2019 you may need to enter product key to activate the Microsoft Office.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have updated the BIOS which may improved the Word issue, however, when viewing Firefox pages occasionally a the page is coloured purple for an instant. I'll take some time to observe this and determine the characteristics more accurately.

Again, thanks for considering my problem.

Regards

Tony

HP Recommended

@TC42

Thank you for posting back.

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results and also you can perform below steps to resolve internet browser issue.

1. Search Windows for Internet Options and click Internet Options in the search results.

2. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Figure : Internet Options: Reset button

Internet Options: Reset button
  3. When done, close all open Internet Explorer windows, reopen Internet Explorer, and then try to view the webpage again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.