Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

white spot on laptop screen

HP 15-ac646TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i bought HP 15-ac646TX model laptop on july 2016 and now a white spot are been visiable in the laptop screen can i claim replacment of the lcd screen since its under warrenty period

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
38624 38442 5900 10280
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Depends. Every laptop maker has a "pixel policy" which is a very detailed description of how many dead pixels, stuck pixels, where in the line of sight, how close together, etc. If it is one stuck pixel they will not replace the panel. If it is a cluster of dead pixels or always white pixels they may. 

Provost Provost
Provost
9054 8922 839 2556
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will also add to the suggestions as Huffer pointed out. There must be a certain criteria meet to qualify for a screen replacement.

Before you call Customer Support, take a look at HP's policy for laptop LCD Replacement Criteria.

Use this as a guide to help compare to what you are experiencing to see if you qualify.

HP Notebook PCs and Tablets - About LCD Panel Defects and Terminology for Notebook PCs and Tablets |...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation