Firebird2 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

white spot

I"m very sorry to inform you that its my biggest mistake to purchase HP product. In your reply you have mention "Our diagnosis confirms that this is a case of Induced Damage that is unintentional. The standard warranty does not cover accidental damages. However, you can avail our paid support by visiting a service center and get the issue fixed."

Can you please explain me what it means. Are you referring it as Accidental Damage??

If that is not covered under standard warranty let me tell you I do have Accidental Damage Protection as well. This is the reference material from your document:

White spots or lightened localized areas
Lighter areas or white spots are visible on the screen. This typically happens when a sharp object or edge forcefully contacts the display screen.

The damage to my LCD screen is not covered by standard warranty. What can I do now?
In most cases, this damage is considered customer induced and is not covered by any standard warranty. Therefore, it will be the owner's responsibility to cover the cost of repair unless they have previously purchased Accidental Damage Protection (ADP). If the computer is out of warranty, a fee-based service may be initiated by contacting HP.
If you do not have an ADP policy and do not want to pay for the repair of a damaged LCD, you can connect an external monitor and use the notebook as-is. Or you could purchase a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and use the notebook as if it were a desktop tower. LCD screen damage usually doesn't affect the operation of the notebook computer. You can also remove the hard drive and use it in an external enclosure on another computer.

I talked to your support team also and I got this. I will share this on the social media and let the others knows how you are behaving with the customers and all your warranty and Accidental damage protection are false.

This is conversation:
3:31 PM Chandan Kumar:
please read it and explain me what it mean
3:31 PM Milan:
Thank you so much for the information.
3:32 PM Milan:
The issue which you are facing is not cover under base warranty.
3:32 PM Chandan Kumar:
SO under what it will be covered
3:32 PM Chandan Kumar:
?
3:33 PM Milan:
Chandan I request you to go through the below documents for pixel policy:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00288895
3:34 PM Chandan Kumar:
That I dont want to read boss just what your team had replied I want to highlight that
3:34 PM Chandan Kumar:
Is it accidental damage?
3:34 PM Milan:
Alright let me check the details..
3:35 PM Milan:
Please allow me more few mintues.
3:35 PM Chandan Kumar:
ok
3:36 PM Milan:
Thank you for staying connected.
3:38 PM Milan:
Chandan as you got response from our 2nd level of team, we will not be able to help you further and as per them the issue which you are facing will not be covered under warranty, you can go through the above mentioned document for further reference.
3:38 PM Chandan Kumar:
SO why you are not answering me
3:38 PM Milan has stopped servicing requests. Please wait.

This is the way they are behaving with the customer. Please do the needful. Money is not the problem I can buy a new one but losing the customers will impact you lot. Hope I don't have to post this on social media.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

white spot

Hi @Firebird2,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :)

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link. 

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation