10-12-2011 09:21 PM
my screen laptop always turn to black after a few minute change the theme and had a note this copy of window is not genuine. I have no idea what to do after i send my laptop to repair from the trojan virus attacked...
10-12-2011 10:04 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 03:19 PM by OscarFuentes
Does the screen come up when a key is pressed? You can try and change the general display settings.
For Vista and Windows 7:
Go to Start--> Power Options --> On the left side click 'Choose when to turn Off Display" and change The Turn Off the display to Never or increase the time.
Also disable any screensaver.
This can also happen if the system is still infected by malware or sometimes due to file corruptions after virus removal.If it is due to one of these reasons then i would recommend to backup all your important information and then perform a system recovery i.e reset it to factory settings.
10-13-2011 04:18 AM - edited 10-13-2011 04:18 AM
Your problem is: the windows you are using is not genuine or the serial number entered to register the windows product is not valid. Microsoft verified your copy of windows trough windows update witch is set to automatically.
Resolution: You must provide a valid Product Key for the version of windows you use, XP, Vista, 7.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)