Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating my laptop to Windows 10 (from Windows 😎 it does this thing where my mouse with constantly flash the busy wheel and the task bar will flash like theres an application opening but never does. Then when using a window it constantly flashes in and out as if switching between windows even when theres nothing else open. Ive contacted microsoft and they said that i need a BIOS update. But then again ive also contacted them six times with no resolution. Please help me. I need to be able to use my laptop 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Takeda01 I recommend you reinstall the graphics card driver on your device using the below steps:

1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager window.

3) Double click Display adapters to view the devices in the category. Then right-click the graphics card name (for example, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640), and select Uninstall device (in some cases, this could be just Uninstall).

4) On the Uninstall confirm dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option, then click Uninstall.

Once done, restart the device and it should automatically install the latest version of the driver, however, if it doesn't work, please click here to find and download it on your own.
(Your device doesn't support windows 10, hence the OS is limited to Windows 8, if that doesn't work for you, you may need to download 3rd party programs such as Driverscape, etc.. to download the necessary drivers)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have gone through those steps with no luck. Even when I have reached out and allowed the Windows support to connect remotly they have done the same thing a number of times and it still dosent take. Everything will work well until i restart my laptop then I have to go through it all over again

HP Recommended

@Takeda01 I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works, if not, please update the BIOS and Chipset drivers using the HP website, restart the device and let me know if that helps,

Also, perform a hardware test using the below steps:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.