bmelton Tutor
Tutor
13 9 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

works fine in safe mode or if I use the standard VGA graphics driver shuts down with Intel HD 3000

HP Pavilion G7-1260US
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The machine shuts down almost immediately when the Intel HD300 drivers are loaded.  Not a driver issue, it blows up when higher res graphics are employed. Apparently the imbedded Intel HD3000 graphics chip is bad but I can't find anything that says it can be repaired or replaced.

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 1975 183 585
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

works fine in safe mode or if I use the standard VGA graphics driver shuts down with Intel HD 3000

Check for hardware functionality:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
48 47 1 8
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

If it works fine in safemode, It is definately software related issue.

Try updating all the drivers and windows.

run Antivirus checks

If it use to work fine try system restore.

0 Kudos
bmelton Tutor
Tutor
13 9 1 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish that were accurate. Unfortunately the machine works fine with default VGA graphics but shuts down if the drivers for the HD3000 are employed. I have done enough testing to know that the problem is with the HD3000 chip. What I can't find out is if that can be repaired or replaced.

0 Kudos
bmelton Tutor
Tutor
13 9 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I ran all the tests months ago and everything passes until the Video Palette Check: Failed. Failure ID: RK4D7Q-5ST84B-MFPV4K-Q29G03

Product ID: 118UA#ABA

Component test: Failed

This computer works great for youtube.com music.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 1975 183 585
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

#HPExpertDay

Here is what the Failure code reads:

Failure Code: C09
Device: Video
Error Message: Display Adapter Palette Test Failure

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
bmelton Tutor
Tutor
13 9 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate the response but how does that tell me anything that I did not provide in the error report? Can the graphics chip be repaired or replaced. The machine works great for youtube.com music or anything that is okay with lousy graphics.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation