Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBanks7789 Tutor
Tutor
8 3 0 3
Message 21 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

x360 spectre 15-bl012dx windows 10. display flickers when I enable VT in BIOS.

I just about an HP Spectre x360 bl0xx and like most of you I'm having this annoying screen flickering issue.

My qorks requires that I be able to run Hyper V so I'm now wondering if I should return this laptop as the screen flicker makes the laptop unsuable.

Is there no official HP resolution to this matter yet? This is a serious problem.

0 Kudos
aguedeney Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 0
Message 22 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No official patch, however, there is an unofficial patch which does not work for me.  At least they know about the problem. Look for the unofficial patch in this thread somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
evancox10 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 2
Message 23 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Futureperfect wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience involving this issue on display flickering when enabling VT in Bios on the HP Spectre 15-bl000 series notebooks.

We have been looking into this issue and working on a solution but now need your assistance to provide feedback if an upcoming driver resolves this situation for you or not.

Driver download link: ftp://gummi12:FixSD333@ftp.usa.hp.com
Driver name: win64_4590.zip

To install download zip file from FTP, extract, then run setup. 

As this is not a fully approved this driver please download and use as your own risk.

Can we get an update on this? Why no fix yet? Some news from HP would be very appreciated!

0 Kudos
aguedeney Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 0
Message 24 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My initial indications after about an hour of testing is no flicker! However,  I want to get the laptop hotter before we can claim victory to this problem. I'm running video, Hyper-V/Docker, a development environment IDE, and several console windows to put the CPU and GPU under sustained load/stress.  By the way, I've decided to reset all video settings back to default as if I got it out of the box.  At least those seeking to use this laptop for development can expect no flickering if we are successful.

0 Kudos
aguedeney Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 0
Message 25 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, about three plus hours into the testing and all of the sudden the flickering started.  Ironically, after decreasing the CPU/GPU load the flickering started. However, it's not as bad as before and kind of random.  It's happened only three times in the last 3 hours (which isn't bad) and usually when I'm not doing anything demanding.  It's not 100% victory, but close a lot better than before.  It looks like you're modifying the firmware code in the right places.

0 Kudos
Lonelyhound Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 26 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does anyone get flicker in bios
0 Kudos
Lonelyhound Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 27 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have flickering issues only during certain time and location, more like in radio waves flickering, when I shut my room door, when I sit next to audio frequency devices, when fruit mixer in other room starts up and the device get heated up. It even flickers in bios mode. When I am under full air condition under 20°c is fine with minimal flicker and glicth once in an hour. Please give me a solution. I am a traveller and video editor, I face this issue in most locations other than few hotels and my home.
0 Kudos
aguedeney Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 0
Message 28 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I still get the flickering. It's random. I'm not happy about it a and nothing I do gets rid of it. Next time I buy a laptop this will be a required test in whether I buy or not!
0 Kudos
no_badmonkey Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm also running into this issue on my 13in x360 ac0xx. The screen will shift down to the bottom half, and/or blink rapidly.

Was anyone able to find a resolution? Does calling HP support help?

0 Kudos
aguedeney Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 0
Message 30 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good News!  The flicker is finally gone.  Use "HP Support Assistant" and download the latest "Intel HD drivers".  This fixes this issue permanently.  I've been flicker free now for days with heavy laptop usage.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation