Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ba548ur
Ubuntu LTS

Help me please. I want to replace my WiFi module with a more modern and powerful one. Does my laptop have a whitelist? If so, what modules can I buy from this list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is only one model wifi card you can upgrade to, and that is this one...What I don't know is if it will work with Ubuntu.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express,

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card will have the same throughput as the 8723BE/DE on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (AMD) * Models: 15-ba100 – 15-ba199 * Models: 15-ba000 – 15-ba099 * Models: 15-bf100 ...

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is only one model wifi card you can upgrade to, and that is this one...What I don't know is if it will work with Ubuntu.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express,

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card will have the same throughput as the 8723BE/DE on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (AMD) * Models: 15-ba100 – 15-ba199 * Models: 15-ba000 – 15-ba099 * Models: 15-bf100 ...

HP Recommended

thanks for the answer. Explain, please, and on the win10 system can also be replaced with only one model or are there already others?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is the only one that will work with one antenna cable and the other Intel wifi adapters listed in the service manual require two antenna cables and they aren't any faster.

HP Recommended

I beg your pardon for writing again, but isn't intel dual band wireless-ac 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 wifi + bt 4.2 combo adapter suitable for my model?

HP Recommended

Hi:

As I replied earlier, that card requires two antennas be connected to the card in order for it to work properly.

It has the same throughput specs as the Realtek 8188CE card which was designed to work with one antenna wire.

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 Product Specifications

While you may be able to use the card with one antenna wire connected to the wifi card's Main antenna connection, the Bluetooth will not work.

HP Recommended

oh no, bluetooth is fundamentally important to me. and the board you found has a short, perhaps a commercial name? perhaps it can be found in Russia. because, for example, on aliexpress by the name you gave the search, it does not find anything

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you need Bluetooth, then the Realtek card is the only one that will work.

Here are plenty of them for sale on Ali Express...

RTL8821CE — купите RTL8821CE с бесплатной доставкой на АлиЭкспресс version (aliexpress.ru)

HP Recommended

I'm very sorry, but the page won't open for some reason. but I was looking for that name and there are indeed a lot of them, but the stickers are not worth the part number that you sent me (HP L17365-005) or is this number not important?

For example

F3508229-2B68-47D9-86B2-153143048C1F.jpeg

HP Recommended

FDB7D618-EC8F-4546-88B7-BAF23BED86C5.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.