Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
COMPAG CQ58
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After reinstalling the Windows UEFI mode, such a driver error occurs in legacy as well.

The Realtek network controller was not found. If deep sleep mode is enabled, please connect the cable.

The Realtek Network Controller was not found. lf Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello reinstalled windows in legacy mode installed chipset and realtek last date, after installing the error do not show. network in the device manager do not find.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to:

A.  Do a forced reset.

To perform a hard reset, use the following steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
  3. Disconnect all external connected devices: USB storage devices, external displays, printers, etc.
  4. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook computer.
  5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
  6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
  7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

B.  Update the chipset driver to the latest version on your specific model CQ58 notebook's support page.

I can't help you with the chipset driver unless you provide the full model number of your notebook, or what model processor it has.

HP Recommended

Compaq CQ58-202SR in the official website there is no exactly
The chipset of this model. The error models are similar CQ58-300 Compaq

(This system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing software.)

HP Recommended

Hi:

Does it have an AMD or Intel processor?

What model processor?

I'll find a chipset driver that should work.

HP Recommended

Hello I'm sorry that I was so busy for so long

AMD

HP Recommended

Hi:

No problem...

Download and install the W8.1 64 bit AMD chipset driver from the link below and restart the PC.

870 Drivers & Support | AMD

HP Recommended

also an error the network controller does not come out of a deep sleep.

The Realtek network controller was not found. If deep sleep mode is enabled, please connect the cable.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Hello reinstalled windows in legacy mode installed chipset and realtek last date, after installing the error do not show. network in the device manager do not find.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.