09-04-2016 06:08 PM - edited 09-04-2016 06:10 PM
I currently have the original Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter installed in my Probook 4540s.
What approved modem could I purchace to replace this one so that can access the bual band capabilities of my router?
09-04-2016 07:14 PM
You can get one of the wireless cards listed in the service manual for your notebook, and it must have the HP part number on it or it won't work. See chapter 3, page 29.
The only dual band card I see listed would be the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 HP Part #670292-001
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)