Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY K005-TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

I own an HP Envy k005-tx, in which I am having WiFi issues since lang time. I purchased the laptop in 2014-15. The issue is that my laptop's internal wifi does not connect to any of the networks, the error "Can't connect to this network" is always displayed. So, as an alternate, I purchased an external WiFi adapter, and started using it. Suddenly, yesterday onwards, the internal wifi is showing my home's network, but I'm unable to connect to it, and Wifi2, which is the external adapter, is not showing my home's network, but I can see all others except for this one. Any help on this would be appreciated. Currently, I am using my mobile phone's WiFi hotspot and connecting my laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mahawar

Welcome to HP Support community.

Run a test on network to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests. Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

4. The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer. 

5.  Select network from the list and run the test.

Uninstall the wireless driver from device manager

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.

2. Expand the "Network Adapters" field. 
  3. This will list all network adapters that the machine has installed. Right click on the adapter you want to uninstall and select "Uninstall". 
  4. Once the adapter has been uninstalled click on the "Scan for hardware changes" button to search for and reinstall the correct adapter. The icon can be hard to see - you can hover your mouse over the button to confirm you are choosing the correct one.

5. If the device is successfully reinstalled it will show back up under the "Network Adapters" drop-down. Reboot the computer and see if the connectivity issue has been resolved.

You can use BIOS and wireless card driver using HP support community.

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.