Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 14 CE3600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP Support Team,

I brought a new laptop and wifi network is not working properly. After sleep mode network adapter is not found at all. It only works when system is shut down and opened, not even restart is able to wake the adapter.

I had already tested below steps, which did not helped either. The Network adapter in the laptop is Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

1.  cmd> sc config storsvc type= own  => Restart.

2. Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

3. Updated the Network Adapter

(I can't uninstall and reinstall as wifi is the only way by which I can connect to the Internet).

Please help !

Thanks,

Saroj Jha

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SarojJha, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Uncheck the iPv6 box-

1. Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Click on Change adapter settings (in the left pane).
    change adapter settings WiFi disconnects sign in required
  3. Right-click on the connection you‘re using. Click Properties.
    network connection properties Sleep mode WiFi will not connect
  4. Now remove the tick from the IPv6 and click OK to save changes.
    IPv6 disable Sleep mode WiFi doesn't work

Use Network troubleshooter

If Windows disconnects from Wi-Fi after sleep, you might be able to fix this problem with this simple workaround. According to users, you just have to run the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

1. Right click the network icon in the bottom right corner. Choose Troubleshoot problems from the menu.
    troubleshoot problems No internet after sleep Windows 10
  2. Network troubleshooter will now start and try to fix your problem.
    windows network diagnostics Windows 10 WiFi keeps dropping

After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the issue still appears. Many users reported that this solution worked for them, so feel free to try it. We have to mention that this might not be a permanent solution, so you’ll have to repeat it whenever the issue appears.

Change your power settings

According to users, sometimes Windows disconnects from Wi-Fi after sleep due to your power settings. Users reported that they fixed the problem simply by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
  2. When Settings app opens, navigate to System section.
    settings app system Windows keeps disconnecting from WiFi
  3. In the left pane navigate to Power & sleep section. Scroll all the way down and check both boxes under Wi-Fi section.

After doing that, your problems with Wi-Fi should be completely resolved.

if Windows disconnects from Wi-Fi after sleep the problem might be related to your third-party antivirus software or firewall. To fix this problem, it’s advised to disable any third-party antivirus software or firewall and check if that solves the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Tej, Thanks for reaching out. Please find images of Network Adapter with after sleep mode waking.

Network Adapter- after sleep.PNGNetwork Adapter- before sleep.PNG

As you can see above one (Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac .. is missing) is the one after waking from sleep mode..Below one is when normal windows starts.

I will check the steps mentioned by you and let you know after couple of days.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.