Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (162 Views)

Airplane mode won’t turn off

Product Name: Notebook model14
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unfortunately myself and my daughter have tried all the numerous fixes and still not having any luck in turning off airplane mode any help please would be very grateful 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (124 Views)

Re: Airplane mode won’t turn off

Hi @Harryandrew,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, Airplane would not turn off on your PC. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it was working fine?

What is the product number? 

What happens when you click on Wi-Fi icon? 

Let's try these steps to fix the issue: 

Step 1: Check that the wireless key or button is enabled

Most notebook computers have a button or keyboard key to turn the wireless signal on and off. Check the button or key status to verify if the wireless signal is on.

1. Locate the wireless key or button. This could be an image of an airplane or a wireless signal.

Button or key

Description

A standalone button with an airplane. This enables or disables “airplane mode” and turns off wireless and Bluetooth on the device.

F12 key with an airplane. This enables or disables “airplane mode” and turns off wireless and Bluetooth on the device.

F12 key with wireless icon and LED. This enables or disables "wireless mode." The LED illuminates in white or blue if active, and amber if wireless is turned off.

A standalone wireless button. This is typically located above or near the keyboard.

2. Press the button once, wait 10 seconds, and then observe any changes to the wireless connection icon in the notification area and to the LED light on the wireless button or key.

If the button or key does not have a light, hover your mouse over the wireless connection icon in the notification area of the taskbar to see the current connection status.

If the wireless signal is turned on, try connecting to the Internet again.

If the wireless signal is turned off, press the button or key again to turn it back on, and then try connecting to the Internet again.

Step 2: Update the wireless driver through Device Manager: Click here to continue troubleshooting steps.

Keep me posted!

Cheers Smiley Happy

Flower_Bud

I am an HP Employee 

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (113 Views)

Thanks for help I will try tomorrow as I have just finished work I will let you know how I get on cheers Harry 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (93 Views)

Hi @Harryandrew ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back Smiley Wink

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards,
Barachiel
I am an HP Employee
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (85 Views)

Hello thanks for your advise I cannot update notebook because I can not connect to internet as airplane mode will not allow me to turn it off every time I click it it goes back on to airplane mode can’t see away around it I have reinstalled notebook still no joy 

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (80 Views)

Hi @Harryandrew ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back Smiley Wink

If you have another working computer, you could use a usb flash drive, download the driver, and then connect the usb drive into this one and install it. Let me know. Smiley Happy

Let me know how that pans out. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. Smiley Wink

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards,
Barachiel
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation