Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook - 15-p207ni
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I just formated my laptop to windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I bought the laptop  with windows 10, so now it has windows 7.

The problem im facing is i can not find any drivers for my laptop for a windows 7 64 bit operating system.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Marcio1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad newes, but you should not have downgraded your Win10 laptop to Win7.

Laptops especially contain specialized hardware for which, for full functionality, specialized drivers are required -- and these come ONLY from the OEM, in this case, HP. Your PC came preinstalled with Windows 10. If you remove or overwrite the original Win10 on your PC with Win 7, you are going to encounter serious problems as there are no HP Win7 drivers for the new hardware that comes with new machines.

MS supplies drivers that provide only basic functionality. This means that some of the hardware functionality is likely NOT to work if you force a downgrade. That includes functions like the touchpad, WiFi, switchable graphics, USB ports -- to name the functions commonly reported here.

That said, someone else might come along and point you to Win7 drivers for other model PCs that that will work with yours -- but if that does not happen, you will then be stuck with a PC with limited functionality as HP is not writing Win7 drivers for their new Win10 PCs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @Marcio1 :

You should be able to use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software from the base model 15z-p000 for your model, except the BIOS and firmware files.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-p000-notebook-pc-series/6936226/mode...

In addition to the above drivers, you will also need to install the AMD Chipset drivers and restart the PC.

That package will install the smbus and usb3 controllers.

You want the first file listed on the webpage.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

HP Recommended

Good day  

Thank you for the feed back but i have tried all drivers that  

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can make your own plain W10 installation media by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You will have the choice of making a bootable USB installation flash drive, or save an ISO file that you can burn to a DVD using the burn ISO file on your DVD burning program.

The software will work with the W10 product key in your notebook's BIOS, and will activate once you are connected to the internet.

HP Recommended

I successfully downgraded my HP 15-CC066NR to Windows 7 x64. But I have two the same drivers "Logitech cordless device", no identification in "Driver details" tab. I tried to fin this driver but no luck.

Would you please help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.