2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alternative intel wifi 5100 driver for HP pavillion DV7 3090ed

3090ed
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all, 

About 2 years ago i upgraded my win 7 to win 10 version and wirelss stopped working. this problem is well known. Many attempts with netsh id config, reset IP, reinstall drivers, trough a USB whatever, nothing worked.

I must conclude that the intel WIFI 5100 driver is incompatible with windows 10. I cannot anymore revert my win 10 upgrade sadly.

My question is whether i can install an older version or another driver type that is compatible on windows 10 ??? if so i would gladly have the driver link or zip file posted

Thanks

PS, also my touchpad scrolling feature stopped working, i dont know if this could be related, just in case it could help figuring out where the problem is but i guess its just incompatibility.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,454
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alternative intel wifi 5100 driver for HP pavillion DV7 3090ed

@Yonivaneynde

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv7-3090ed Entertainment Notebook and after upgrading to Win10, the wifi has stopped working and also the touchpad scroll is not working. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I did some research and found that there are no updated Win10 drivers available on the HP website for the wireless card. However, a third party website (http://www.driverscape.com) claims to have the updated drivers. The other workaround would be is to get a USB wifi dongle and plug it to one of the USB ports of the computer and then connect to the wifi router. You should be able to order one for a song. It is cost effective as well.

Secondly, the scroll may not be working due to the lack of Win10 updated drivers. However, you may try the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2keicYI

Feel free to reach out to me for any further questions. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation